Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Seed-Nee Part 2: The other things



This is one of the only two photos with me in it from the entire trip ... here I am standing over a model of Sydney, at the Customs House.
***



You can't get out of the station without feeding your tickets through these. Naturally, I was very excited, and very Mr-Weasley-from-Order-of-the-Phoenixish. Auckland trains have ticket collectors in them.
***



The biggest IMAX from the previously-mentioned Darling Harbour.
***



A train ticket = no need to buy souvenirs. =P
***



A very retro loo at City Extra. I had creamy omelette on toasted bread for breakfast there. Yum!
***



I had read about red velvet cupcakes on Kandee Johnson's blog. I tried them at The Cupcake Bakery, but they tasted just like cupcakes with red food colouring in them. Have you tried red velvet cupcakes? Do you like them?
***


A white tiger brand advertisement that warns against imitations ("Tiger is not a Donkey, Horse or an Ass... Do not get confused with White Tiger 'look-alikes'.") but uses a photo of a Bengal tiger. I just thought it was hilarious.
***



An inside street at Pitt Street Mall. Isn't it beautiful?!
***



Beautiful Victorian buildings are scattered throughout Sydney. They are vibrant, and some of them have the most intricate ornamental metal-work on them! I also saw one with gold paint. It was really interesting and easy to see how much older Sydney looked, than Auckland.
***


Taken from the aeroplane, on my way back to Auckland. Isn't it cool, how the runway goes over the motorway?!
***

No comments: