Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Poet?!

I was cleaning my books and I found my old refill ... and in it was a folded paper containing my very first [very silly] poem. It was one a.m. when I wrote it two years ago, and I clearly sound strange due to lack of sleep. And yes, I know, I am no poet.

We can laugh at it together:

At one in the morning,
History seems so boring.
I didn't study when I
came back from school,
now who'll remember
Goneril, Regan,
and their stool?
Watching SpongeBob
is so much fun,
but now I'm letting
my candle burn.
I don't even know
what I'm doing,
History at one
seems so boring.

There you go. *runs away and hides*

p.s.: Refill = Lined paper stuck together like a notepad. You write on it, tear it off, and put it in your ring binder.

p.p.s.: Yes, I was talking about Goneril and Regan from King Lear.

Today's Word of the Day:
Schlub (noun; informal): A talentless, unattractive, or boorish person.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i luvvvvvvvvvdd the poem..

Gandhali said...

haha it's sooooo stupid aparna but oh well im glad u liked it lol ... u can take the credit for it and spread it among your friends ... start a cult!

p.s.: i did watch the secret garden, it was amazing, laxmi thought that mary was a bit deranged, but it was okay. lol.

p.p.s.: did you tick "you're awesome"? awwwww thanks!!