Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

And would you look at this: More soap.

I have had so much soapy stuff here for the past couple of days, I couldn't just leave the topic without posting how to actually make soap. I think I've found a good website in Teach Soap. And it doesn't just have soap, but lots of other things as well, such as scrubs, lotions, lip balm recipes, fragrance stones, skin softening powders, solid perfumes, etc. Here's a link to all the fun recipes.



This is an example of their recipe:

Chocolate Lipgloss Recipe by Rachel and Jennifer:

2 tsp. Petroleum Jelly
1/8 tsp. Honey
10 mini Hershey's Milk Chocolate Chips (any brand will do though)
1/8 tsp. Shortening (Crisco)

-Carefully mix all ingredients into a microwave safe container.
-Make sure they are all clumped together.
-(Do not put lid on) Heat at high power for 20 seconds, stir, then repeat until fully melted.
-Then pour into a small bottle, and freeze for 15 min, or until solid.
-Then you can apply it on your lips!

Sounds awesome, and I cannot wait to try this out as a vacation project! And what a fun gift to give to your family and friends! Even better, you can gift it in the Hermes bag you made that I talked about here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was watching this history show and it was all about the plaque and they said how to make soap. They put the grossest things.

Gandhali said...

ew, not animal stuff i hope!!

Anonymous said...

I don't really remember. I watched it when I was like 7. They showed dead rats, but they were props.

Gandhali said...

i read this where they took the fat out of a king and made a soap.