Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Today I am thinking ....

These colours have these 'smell' associations [I think so, anyways. They're from my glitter pen collection]:

Violet: Grape
Dark Blue: Blueberry
Blue: Soap/freshly washed clothes drying on a line [mmm ...]
Dark Green: Melon
Light Green: Lime? I'm not too sure ...
Yellow: Banana
Orange: Orange. Duh!
Red: Strawberry
Brown: Chocolate [I was pleasantly surprised to find this out]
Pink: Candy Floss!
Black: Liquorice [and it honestly smelled like it too!]

So ...

Why does Silver smell of Watermelon? I really don't see the connection. Probably the makers couldn't come up with a silvery smell. Can you think of any?!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the people who made the pens could not think of a slivery smell, so I can see why they made it watermelon. If there was a "silvery" smell it would probably smell like the ocean.

Gandhali said...

great thinking, stephanie! somehow, i think up iron. i don't know why ... but still. i like their watermelon smell, lol ...

Gandhali said...

although, with ocean, i see more of a blue [water], or a beige [the sand, of course].

Anonymous said...

Well the silver could be like a shell or a fish. And sea spray.

Gandhali said...

ouch, stephanie, fish?! it would make sense though. but i don't think anyone would like to use it then!! and oooh sea spray, now that would probably be nice ..

Anonymous said...

I don't mean it wold smell like fish! It would still smell like the ocean!

Gandhali said...

whenever i think of fish, i think of the smell! lol .. i don't eat fish though.